Need a Leak Detection Specialist? Call On Us
Most people have no need to think about their plumbing until something goes wrong. Unfortunately, by the time certain issues are noticed, major damage may have already occurred. Keeping a lookout for any signs of trouble when it comes to your indoor plumbing will therefore ensure that small snags are nipped in the bud and kept from evolving into an expensive crisis. For dilemmas such as leaks, however, finding the source of the predicament can be challenging. For this reason, we at Alpha Plumbing offer phenomenal leak detection services to make quick work of any suspected complications.
Spotting the Signs of a Leak
Leak detection is tricky, which is why it is a common issue for which customers contact us. There are warning signs that may be indicative of leaks in your home, though. It is essential to never ignore these red flags, as fixing the issue sooner rather than later can save you money. It is vital to act quickly if you spot any of the following signs within your home or property:
- A high water bill: Even small leaks can waste a lot of water, and a spike in your monthly water account without apparent cause could be a symptom of a leaking pipe.
- Rising damp along your walls: Once creeping damp from a leak sets in, the moisture will not just damage the skirting boards, paint, or wallpaper – but the internal structure of the wall too.
- Changes in your walls: Water damage may manifest in nearby walls as a result of a leaking pipe. Look for signs such as blistering or peeling paint, dark or discoloured patches, crumbling plaster, streaky stains, or wallpaper that starts lifting.
- Sounds coming from inside the walls: Pay attention to any sounds emanating from your plumbing, such as dripping, hissing, or gurgling coming from the pipes, as these may indicate a leak somewhere.
- Low water pressure: Low water pressure is sometimes far more than just an annoyance – it may be a marker of one or more leaks within your plumbing system.
- The presence of mould and mildew: Fungus needs moisture to thrive, and damp along the walls makes for the ideal environment. Mould and mildew can present in a variety of hues and textures, so pay attention to any colour changes on your wall, ceiling, or floors. Musty, mouldy smells in the property may be the first sign many homeowners notice. Once mould and mildew make an appearance, swift leak detection is critical, as the spores from these growths can become a health hazard.
We Provide The Latest Technology In Leak Detection Services
Our highly qualified plumbers make use of innovative leak detection solutions such as hydrogen and nitrogen gas injection equipment, ground microphones, metal detectors, ultrasonic leak sensors, and much more. You can rely on us to not only find any leaks quickly but implement solutions with approved plumbing components. Our guarantee is high-quality, professional services that prioritise your satisfaction as a valued customer.
If you would like to find out more about leak detection services, simply call us today or fill out our online contact form and we will get back to you.