Do You Need an After-Hours Plumber or Can You Do It Yourself?
It is a touch after 8 o’clock in the evening, you have just finished your dinner, kicked off your shoes, sat down on your favourite couch, and you are ready to start watching your favourite series when it happens. You see water running down the wall. That should not be happening, right? It must be a burst geyser, This time of the night?! What now? An after-hours plumber is really expensive, not so?
Unfortunately, household emergencies do not keep office hours, so sooner or later you will have to deal with a situation similar to this. So, what do you do? Do you contact an after-hours plumber or do you try and save the situation yourself?
This really depends on what the nature of the damage is. If it is merely a blocked drain that is not causing immediate damage, one can consider waiting until morning. If you so wish, you can do the same with a slow drip that can be collected in a bucket or with an interruption in your water supply if you have access to drinking water for the evening. However, an emergency like a burst geyser or a leaking pipe requires immediate action, and an after-hours plumber is vital in a situation like this, in order to minimise the damage to the rest of your house and possessions.
The good news is that, if you find yourself in the greater Johannesburg area, there is a solution for you – you do not have to pay an arm and a leg for assistance from an after-hours plumber. Rather than go with the service providers who charge a premium rate, choose Alpha Plumbing.
Our team at Alpha Plumbing understand that household emergencies like burst pipes, leaks, and blocked drains do not keep office hours, which is why we will come out to you and fix the problem at regular rates – if it is an emergency. That’s right, if it is an emergency, we will not charge you extra.
In addition to being the perfect choice as an after-hours plumber, there are many other reasons to choose Alpha Plumbing as your partner for plumbing issues:
- We have been in the business for 30 years, which means we have plenty of experience.
- We do not use subcontractors to do the difficult jobs – instead, we have nine expert teams who are thoroughly trained and equipped to handle your emergency.
- To ensure quality at all times, we use SABS-certified products that carry a manufacturer’s guarantee.
- We are also registered with the Institute of Plumbing of South Africa (IOPSA) and the Plumbing Institute Regulatory Board (PIRB).
- In everything we do, we strive to have as little impact on the environment as possible.
- We are so confident in the quality of the work we deliver that we offer a number of guarantees on our workmanship and various plumbing tasks, such as blocked drains, sewer line replacements, waterproofing and damp-proofing, subsoil drains, and pavement repairs.
So, whether it is after-hours or not, if you need a plumber, Alpha Plumbing is the team for you.